Insomnia, also known as sleeplessness, is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. They may have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep as long as desired.
Anxiety, stress, and depression are some of the most common causes of chronic insomnia. Having difficulty sleeping can also make anxiety, stress, and depression symptoms worse. Other common emotional and psychological causes include anger, worry, grief, bipolar disorder, and trauma.
A good hypnotherapist will help you tackle the causes and symptoms of insomnia by :-
- Helping your mind and body remember (or discover) how to relax.
- Teaching you self-hypnosis techniques so you can take control and overcome habitual anxiety.
- Help you release negative emotions/worrying thoughts/trauma so you can be free to sleep in peace.
- Address any underlying symptoms e.g. depression
- Provide your unconscious mind with positive suggestions and prepare for a good night’s rest.
A counselling or psychotherapy approach is also often useful for insomnia as talking through problems and offloading feelings to a qualified person can give a great sense relief and new perspective. I am also able to provide this service.
Please contact me to arrange a FREE telephone consultation in you are unsure.